FAQsAbout Term Life Insurance
About Term Life InsuranceOpen AllClose All
- Q: Is term life insurance the best kind of life insurance for me?
- A:Thrivent Financial Term Life Insurance can be a great option when you need protection for a certain period of time and want to keep premiums more affordable. Another type of life insurance is permanent insurance, which may allow you to accumulate cash value and is designed to cover you for your entire life. If you're not sure which type of coverage is better for you, contact your Thrivent Financial representative or call the Thrivent Financial Advice Center at 888-834-7428.
- Q: How does term life insurance work?
- A: Thrivent Financial Term Life Insurance provides basic insurance protection. You pay the premiums when they're due and are guaranteed, even if your health changes, that:
- Your premiums will remain level during the term you selected.
- Your coverage will remain level during the term you selected.
These guarantees are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. Also, you may be able to convert your term life insurance to any Thrivent Financial permanent life insurance contract at a later date.
- Q: What happens after the term ends?
- A: Thrivent Financial Term Life Insurance is renewable, which means you may renew your contract on an annual basis at the end of your initial term period without proof of insurability. This renewability is important if you need protection beyond your initial term because of life changes, such as when:
- There is a change in your health status and you are unable to purchase new coverage.
- Unexpected business or family obligations arise.
- A loan or mortgage payment period becomes extended.
If premiums are paid when due, your financial protection can continue for as long as you need it. As with all term life insurance products, after the initial term, renewal premiums will increase annually. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Q: What if I decide I no longer need the coverage?
- A: If you decide you no longer need the coverage, you are under no obligation to keep it or pay any further premiums. You may terminate your contract by giving us notice, and will receive a refund of any premium paid for any period beyond the termination date.
Application ProcessOpen AllClose All
- Q: How do I apply for Term Life Insurance?
- A:You can apply for Term Life Insurance and other Thrivent Financial life insurance coverage directly through your Thrivent Financial representative, or by calling the Financial Advice Center at 888-834-7428 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Central time and completing an application using our voice signature process.
- Q: Will I need a medical exam?
- A: Yes. Thrivent Financial requires that a medical exam be completed when applying for Term Life Insurance. In most cases this will consist of a paramed exam that takes approximately 20 to 50 minutes. Depending on your age and the amount of insurance for which you apply, the exam will entail the collection of either an oral fluid specimen or blood draw, and a urine specimen. An electrocardiogram may also be required.
If you have other coverage in force, depending on the amount of insurance applied for and in force, we may request an inspection report and information as disclosed in the Health and Other Personal Information Authorization. We also may call you to ask additional questions or verify information that we receive.
- Q: When and where will the exam be completed?
- A: The examiner will call you to schedule an appointment at a day and time that is convenient for you. You can even arrange for it to take place at your home or work. It's important to schedule the appointment and have the exam as soon as possible as the underwriters cannot begin the underwriting process until they receive the results.
- Q: Do I have to pay for the exam?
- A: No. Thrivent Financial covers the cost of the exam and any testing that is required.
- Q: How should I prepare for the exam?
- A: Be sure to have the following with you at the time of your exam:
- A picture ID.
- A list of medications and dosages.
- A list of the names and addresses of medical professionals, clinics and hospitals visited in the last 10 years.
- Q: What happens next?
- A: After you complete your exam, everything is forwarded to the Thrivent Financial Operations Center and reviewed by the underwriters.
Underwriting ProcessOpen AllClose All
- Q: What underwriting decisions may be made?
- A: One of four things will happen:
- Your coverage will be approved at the same rate for which you applied.
- Your coverage will be approved at a cheaper rate than that for which you applied.
- Additional premium will be required for the amount of insurance for which you applied.
- Coverage will be denied.
- Q: How is my rate determined?
- A: Your rate is determined by assessing three factors:
- Whether you qualify for coverage.
- Whether you qualify for tobacco or non-tobacco rates. Tobacco use includes use of all forms of tobacco and nicotine, such as cigarettes, cigars, pipes, electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, nicotine gum/patch, etc. To qualify for non-tobacco rates, you must have to have abstained from tobacco or nicotine use for a specific period of time depending on the risk class for which you qualify:
- Super-preferred - 36 months (Only offered at non-tobacco rates)
- Preferred - 24 months
- Standard - 12 months
- The risk class for which you qualify. You will be underwritten and offered the most favorable risk class for which you qualify.
While we make every attempt to provide you with coverage, some individuals are not insurable and must be declined.
Contract forms: L-LX-LT (09) Series; ICC09 L-LX-LT. Rider forms: LR-XW-DWP (09), ICC09 LR-XW-DWP, LR-MX-ACCB (08), LR-MX-ACCB TX (09)
Guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of Thrivent Financial.
The Thrivent Financial Level Term Life Insurance contract has exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits, and terms under which the contract may be continued in force or discontinued. Your Thrivent Financial representative can provide all costs and complete details of coverage.
The Financial Advice Center may not offer the variety of products and services that can be offered by a local representative. If your situation requires a product or service not currently available through the Financial Advice Center, a Center representative can put you in contact with a local Thrivent Financial representative to assist you. Whether you purchase a product or service through a Financial Advice Center representative or a local representative, generally, there will be no difference in the fees and expenses you will incur.